Congratulations! The first step to recovering from addiction is deciding to get help. Doing this is a difficult decision, and we are glad that you’ve reached the point of wanting to get better. Now that you have made up your mind to seek help for an alcohol addiction, one of your options is to look for an alcohol rehab in Thousand Oaks, CA!
There are so many different types of rehab facilities across the state of California, so finding the perfect one can be daunting. Before you begin your search, you should know that choosing a rehab facility is almost as important as deciding to get sober. There are factors to consider and things to look out for when finding an alcohol rehab.
But before we dive into these factors, let’s look at the first things first. How do you know you if you or your loved one is addicted to alcohol?
Signs of Alcohol Addiction
Am I addicted to alcohol? This is a question that many alcohol addicts and alcoholics find themselves asking. Unlike drug addiction, alcohol addiction is often tricky to pinpoint, especially by the addicted person. The reason for this is because alcohol is legal. Not only is alcohol legal but it’s often encouraged to use as a social tool. It’s everywhere. Birthday parties, company events, nights out with friends, etc.
It may be difficult for you or your loved one to determine if the drinking is problematic due to alcohol’s social acceptance. If all of the people you hang out with frequently drink as much as you do, does that mean you all have a drinking problem? Or just some people?
Although the lines may seem blurred between alcoholism and drinking to have a good time, there are a few questions you can ask yourself to help determine whether or not you have a drinking problem:
- Have you tried to stop drinking alcohol or reduce the amount you take but couldn’t?
- Have you done things that could get you hurt when drunk? This includes swimming and driving.
- Have you found yourself drinking more than you planned or wanted to?
- Do you feel as if you spend a lot of time drinking, dealing with a hangover, or thinking of drinking?
- Do you need to drink more and more alcohol to get a good buzz going?
- Have you missed important meetings or failed in your responsibility because you were drinking or drunk?
- Do you have issues with your family and friends over your drinking?
- Does your drinking affect your work or academics?
- Have you committed a crime or been arrested after getting drunk?
- Do you experience sleeplessness, clammy skin, nausea, or restlessness after you drink?
If you answer “YES” to most of the questions above, then you may have an alcohol addiction. The best thing to do is to consult an addiction treatment professional at an alcohol rehab to figure out your next steps.
Factors To Consider When Looking for an Alcohol Rehab
Some of the factors to consider when looking for an alcohol rehab Thousand Oaks, CA include but are not limited to:
- Insurance if any
- Programs offered
- Gender-specific or mixed centers
- Licensing and accreditations
- Staff to patient ratio
How an Alcohol Rehab in Thousand Oaks, CA Can Help You Recover or Your Loved One Recover
Depending on how severe your addiction is, the first help offered to you at an alcohol rehab is detoxification. It’s important to detox at a professional facility because alcohol withdrawals can be extremely dangerous. After your body safely detoxes from the alcohol, you can start treating the emotional & mental components of your addiction.
At Enlight Treatment Center, we offer an evidence based and reliable alcohol addiction treatment program. Our treatment programs are designed to encourage long-term sobriety. From detox to inpatient and outpatient to follow-up, we provide extensive support for all of our clients.
At Enlight Treatment Center, your journey to sobriety is ours too! So reach out to us today for help with your addiction.