Enlight Treatment Center is a leading rehab facility that helps with detoxing pregnant women. We use specific medications during detox and help pregnant women safely overcome the withdrawal without causing potential harm to the baby.
How to detox safely while pregnant or nursing?
Expecting mothers who abuse alcohol or drugs can be putting themselves and their baby’s life at risk. Detoxing while pregnant or quitting drugs cold turkey can be dangerous and can put you at risk for miscarriage. As a leading rehab, we offer customized pregnant detox treatment in a state-of-the-art facility and ensure our patients’ safe and speedy recovery with around-the-clock clinical care.
While it is normal to feel intimidated by detox and pregnancy, choosing the right rehab will solve your problems fast. Using medication-assisted treatments and experiential therapies, we help our expecting mothers detox their bodies and minds safely and help them have a safe pregnancy.
What is fetal alcohol syndrome?
Babies born with atypical facial features and children who grow up to have mood, attention, and anger disorders may be suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome. Alcohol exposure before birth can cause a child to suffer from fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD). Like other spectrum disorders, not all cases are the same and can differ in severity. Some of the effects include:
- Children developing with abnormally small heads and brains
- Defects in the heart and spine
- Shorter than average height
- Low body weight
- Intellectual disability
- Vision and hearing problems
- Behavioral problems
- Delayed physical development
- A ridge between the nose and upper lip
Children with FASD can also suffer from problems with the heart, kidney, and bones. Hyperactive behavior, poor memory, and speech and language delays are some of the other effects of FASD.
Potential complications of withdrawal during pregnancy
You must not quit drugs or alcohol cold turkey during pregnancy to prevent adverse physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms. Drug detox while pregnant can reduce the withdrawal symptoms and prevent potential health complications, provided you receive it from an experienced rehab. Here are several withdrawal symptoms that you can experience without detox:
- Opioid – Withdrawal syndrome in opioid users can resemble that of flu. Patients can experience muscle and joint pain, sweating, chills, anxiety, depression, insomnia, tremors, increased heart rate, runny nose, vomiting, and diarrhea. Quitting opioid cold-turkey can cause respiratory depression for unborn babies, and your fetus may not get enough oxygen.
- Cocaine – Withdrawal symptoms of cocaine and stimulant drugs are predominantly emotional. Patients experience severe depression, anxiety, intense drug cravings, and suicidal thoughts and tendencies.
- Alcohol – Quitting alcohol cold-turkey can be life-threatening for the expecting mother and her baby. Withdrawal symptoms can include hallucinations, seizures, confusion, delirium tremors. In worse cases, delirium tremors can lead to the death of both the mother and the fetus.
To learn more about detoxing pregnant women, call 1-866-604-0727. Enlight Treatment Center is a preeminent rehab for medical detox with around-the-clock medical support and an experienced clinical team. Do not let your addiction decide your baby’s future; get in touch with us now!
Moorpark CA 90365